In the mid-1950's, Alfred Hymas LTD began purchasing farmland in and around the village of burton Leonard. By late 1960's, This amounted to a total of about 300 Acres.
In 1970, Alfred Hymas Ltd purchased Moor Farm, situated between the villages of Burton Leonard and Bishop Monkton. This 300 acre farm became the hub of the Company’s farming sideline, which then totalled 600 acres. Between 1970 and 2004, Moor Farm gradually expanded, acquiring additional land here and there. Today, the farm exceeds 1,100 acres and employs 3 full-time farm staff.